Skip to content
Celebrating Loy Krathong in Bangkok

Approximately 640,000 krathongs were collected in 50 districts of Bangkok after the celebration of Loy Krathong.

According to data published by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, compared to the previous year, the number of krathongs increased by 12%.

Of the collected krathongs, 97% were made from biodegradable materials, while the remaining 3% were made from styrofoam.

cleaning in Bangkok after Loy Krathong celebration

Styrofoam krathongs will be sorted for waste disposal, and biodegradable ones will be processed into fertilizers.

Around 290,000 people attended Loy Krathong-related events in Bangkok. The most popular locations were Benchasiri Park, Lumphini Park, and Benchakitti Park.

Additionally, a portion of Bangkok residents supported the governor's initiative and launched 3,744 digital krathongs into the Ong Ang Canal.

Celebrating Loy Krathong in BangkokCelebrating Loy Krathong in BangkokCelebrating Loy Krathong in BangkokCelebrating Loy Krathong in BangkokCelebrating Loy Krathong in BangkokCelebrating Loy Krathong in Bangkok

Previous article The Bangkok Air Quality Information Center warns residents of the capital about deteriorating air quality in the coming days.
Next article Eight Chinese nationals arrested in Bangkok for illegal begging are likely connected to a human trafficking network.

Leave a comment

Comments must be approved before appearing

* Required fields